51st Colorado Thespian Conference
December 3-5, 2015 – Our 51st Year!
Dec. 3, 2015 Junior Thescon Program (Uploaded 11/14/2015)
- Registration opens for High School at 2 p.m.
- Workshops 3:30 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies and Evening show at 7:00 p.m.
Dec. 4, 2015 Thescon Program (Uploaded 11/14/2015)
- Workshops and Individual Events 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Evening show at 7:00 p.m.
- Student Dance at 10:00 p.m.
Dec. 5, 2015
- Workshops 8:30 a.m. to Noon
- Closing Ceremonies and Conference Showcase at 1:00 p.m.
- Bus pick-up at 3:30 to 4 p.m.
When: December 3rd through December 5th 2015
Where: Colorado Convention Center
Your Master of Ceremonies this year will be Mark Pergola. Mark is a Denver native and studied acting at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. He has performed in theaters in New York and Denver including Curious Theatre, The Arvada Center and Town Hall Arts Center. He was nominated for a Denver Post Ovation Award for his performance in Curious Theatre’s Eurydice. Mark is also a production and stage manager and has worked with The Vintage Theatre and Theatre Esprit Asia in these roles. For the last decade, he has worked with Kaiser Permanente’s Educational Theatre Programs and Arts Integrated Resources championing creativity and the arts as a pathway to community health and youth engagement. Mark is frequently a host and emcee for benefits and events, including for The Denver Actors Fund’s annual production of Miscast. Mark grew up watching The Golden Girls, and still believes it to be the best show ever produced on American television and an essential guide to comedy for any budding actor.
These lists will be updated as they become available, please note they are always up to date on our app, available in the Apple store, “Colorado Thespians”:
While we update our info, take a look at info from lat years conference:
- Colorado Scholarship Auditions 2015, all students participating in the scholarship auditions must arrive 15 minutes before their group time. Session 2, Session 3, Session 4, Session 5, Session 6, and the Tech Session. PLEASE NOTE SESSIONS 2 & 3 WERE UPDATED 11/29/2015.
- Colorado Thescon High School Individual Events List 2015 – also available on the app Warning – If you have an untitled event, you are automatically not eligible for Nationals or the Main Stage at Thescon. Please send the title of your selection prior to Dec. 1st to email@example.com
- Colorado Thescon Junior Individual Events List 2015 – also available on the app
- Organizations, Universities, Colleges, and Conservatories that attend the 2015 Colorado Conference
- Graduate Credit for Teachers through University of Northern Colorado – Form 1 Form 2 Please note, UNC accepts online registration, you cannot turn these forms in at Thescon.
High School Theatre in Colorado supports the fifth economic industry, the creative industries, be a part of the Rocky Mountain Regions leading educational theatre event, announcing the 2015 Colorado State Thespian Conference.
The Colorado State Thespian Society will be hosting their 51st annual high school theatre conference December 3-5. 2015 at the Colorado Convention Center and the Hyatt Regency Hotel, located in the heart of the Denver Performing Arts community.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to assist your school in registering and attending the Colorado High School Theatre Conference. All High Schools and Charter Schools in the three state regions of Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico are invited to attend, and we would like to encourage new schools from these areas to join us and share the excitement of high school theatre. Cost is $110 per student, $20 per Individual Event, with a limit of two per student. Online Registration Cheat Sheet for Troupe Directors. New this year (2015) Every student that attends, should have an signed and uploaded Consent and Acceptance Form in their records.
Teacher Credit from the University of Northern Colorado
Teachers, if you are interested in UNC graduate credit for attending the CO Thespian Conference, please fill out the registration form and directions on the Thescon Information page of this web site.
Hyatt Regency Hotel at the Colorado Convention Center
The Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel is a five star hotel property, which welcomes our students annually, mention Colorado Thespians when making your reservation. To secure your tax exempt status please fill out this Hyatt Tax Exempt Form, and fax both forms to the hotel. Don’t forget to bring a copy with you as you check in. You must pay for your stay with a school check or school credit card in order to secure tax exempt status. Hyatt Credit Card Authorization Form. Visit our Host Hotels page to find other hotel properties in the Denver Metro area that support Colorado Thespians.
Mark your school calendar for the future:
- Dec. 1-3, 2016 (52nd year)
- Dec. 7-9, 2017 (53rd year)
Broadway Cares – Equity Fights Aids,
Our community service project.
Each year the Colorado State Thespians raises money for our service project. We have identified Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids as the Colorado State Thespian service project. Raise money at your school and contribute to the growing funds. Try holding a school fund-raiser prior to conference, pass a bucket at your shows, you would be amazed at how much you can raise. Below is a list of our past contributions, please bring your contribution to conference in the form of one check to Colorado State Thespians.
2014 Donations from Theatre Departments
Special Thanks to: George Washington High School $100.00, Cherry Creek High School $359.00, Denver School of the Arts $2,392.47, and Prairie View High School $620.00, Legacy High School $31
Previous Years Total Donations