Adjudicators, Representatives, Vendors, and Presenters
Adjudicators, University Representatives and Vendor Registration
- Price is $250 per organization, includes a display table. Adjudicators fee is $45 additional for each seat in the audition room for Colleges, Universities, and Conservatories – includes light breakfast and lunch. You may enroll an unlimited number of staff under the organizational fee. This is a change in the fee structure from the past. Make sure to select Vendor and Adjudicator.
- Registration is open from September 1 to November 10. As an adult you can register after that date and even at the door of the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case for you. The following are the steps for the registration process.
- Please click on the “Thescon Login” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the “Adult” option.
- Register for the conference. You will be sent a confirmation link once you complete the registration steps. If you do not see this confirmation link, please check your junk/spam folder. Previously registered. Please enter your email and password to access your account. If you are unaware of your account, please email email@example.com and request your password and login information.
- The first screen you come to will request which roles you or members of your organization desire to perform at the conference. Available conference roles include (check all that apply to your organizations members attending the conference): Adjudicator – Participating in the college scholarship audition sessions. We limit this to two individuals per organization, due to limited space and meals served. If you desire to add an additional adjudicator in the room, the fee is $45 for each additional adjudicator. Vendor/Exhibitor – Selling a product or demonstrating a product at conference. This slot is offered only to businesses, this is not a selection for Colleges, Universities, or Conservatories. Conference Presenter – Teaching a workshop to students or teachers. This is a great way to connect with the students present at Thescon. We will make sure to schedule your instruction on Saturday morning, so that it doesn’t conflict with your adjudicating, but will conflict with available call-back times. If you do not check the adjudication choice, then we will schedule you throughout the conference. You must submit a workshop title in this process, and we will confirm your choices. Please note you can still teach at conference by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, and you do not have to fill out this part. IE Judge – Anyone who is willing to assist in judging the Individual Events at conference. Please note adjudicators and vendors cannot judge Individual Events (IEs).
- Fill in the profile of the main contact for your organization. This person should be attending Thescon. The more information you provide, the richer your bio appears on the web site and on the mobile app.
- Save your work
- After you save your main profile you will be brought to the registration page. At the top of the page you will see: Register and Past Editions. Under the Register tab you will add all of the other staff members attending with you. Everyone entering the convention center must be registered. Please do not tell others to attend without adding them to your account, they will not be admitted.
University Scholarship Auditions
We have moved away from GetAcceptd and have created a new window to view students that are auditioning. Carolyn Warner, the new audition coordinator will send you a URL link the week of Thescon, which will be your view of the students that are auditioning. The link will share the students head shot, resume, and other information. The link will be kept live for your reference for a period of about 30 days. Due to expenses in space and meal service, please register only two adjudicators at an additional $45 each. If you need to add additional adjudicators, the fee is maintained at $45 for each additional adjudicator.
- Audition location: Hyatt Regency Denver, 650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202. Third or fourth floor ballroom as listed in the program.
- Food Service: There will be morning refreshments in the audition room provided by Hyatt Regency, such as coffee and pastries. Lunch will also be served. The auditions are a full day event, beginning at 8:15 a.m. on Friday, and ending at approximately 5:00 p.m.
- Accessibility: Please bring a laptop or other suitable device with Wi-Fi capability to access the student applications online. One week prior to the event you will be sent a URL link to connect to the audition list.
Vendor and Exhibitor Display Tables
Every organization that registers, will receive one table and two chairs in the main concourse of the Colorado Convention Center. Tables are assigned by Board member Andy Jaramillo. The convention center does have charges for electricity, which will be present on your table and they will bill you directly for that service. Please note additional tables are charged through the convention center at $100 each. Set-up for your table can take place Thursday evening between 5-7 p.m., or Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. Although security is provided, it is not advisable to leave expensive valuables in plain sight when the booth is unattended. Colorado Thespians and the Colorado Convention Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen materials and property.
Instructions for Registering a Workshop with the online system
Presenters are always welcome to email to workshop Coordinator at any time, if you would like to submit a workshop idea without going through the follwoing system. Feel free to contact: Mr. Andre Rodriguez, ARodriguez@westminsterpublicschools.org.
- Log in to your account which will bring you to your Dashboard page.
- Click the top pull down menu titled “Register”.
- Click the tab title “Presenter”. Any workshops you entered last year should appear.
- Select the workshop(s) you want to present by clicking the box to the left.
- Start typing your name. It should appear, then just click it. Once you’ve confirmed your name as the presenter, the workshop will appear below the “Register workshops” box.
- When you’ve completed steps 4 and 5, click the green button to the right titled “complete registration.”
- Wait for email confirmation of your workshops. You’re done!
Please note: If you’re registering other individuals besides yourself, you have to log into their account to select their workshops unless you have previously registered them as an individual in your account.
Adding a New Workshop to an Existing Workshop Presenter (already established in the system)
- From your Dashboard screen, click the “Actions” tab at the top left. Choose “Add Workshops”.
- Click the Paper with Plus sign icon at the right of the screen
- Fill in the blank boxes and click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Your workshop page will appear with the information you just entered. Confirm that it is correct.
- Click the “Register” tab.
- Click the “Presenter” tab.
- Select your new workshop by clicking the box next to the title.
- Type in your name until it appears, then click on it.
- Click “Complete Registration” at the right of the page.
- Wait for email confirmation of your workshop. You’re done!
New Presenters, who have never registered as a Presenter
- If you’ve never registered as a presenter before, you have to start by creating a user name and password for yourself and create a workshop presenter page for yourself. Visit cothespians.com and click “Register” to the right of the screen.
- Click “Adult” on the next screen.
- Follow the instructions on the “Registration Success” page to get into the system and create your profile as a workshop presenter.
- Once you’ve created your workshop presenter profile, you will receive a Dashboard screen.
- Follow steps 1 through 10 above.
Please check here for the list of hotel properties in Denver that are extending a special rate for Thescon. Hyatt Regency is the main host hotel, with floors dedicated for adults. Make sure you ask for the Colorado Thespian rate, and identify that you are an adult attendee without students and would like to be on the upper floors away from students. This is our most convenient property, and is located directly across the street from the conference venue. The Hyatt Regency also hosts the auditions on their property in the Hyatt Regency ballrooms.
Transportation from the Airport to Hyatt Regency
Denver now has the A Line train from the airport to Union Station for $9. This is a 28 minute ride to the city center. You catch the A train at the Transit Center, below the Westin hotel on the south end of the terminal. Once you arrive in Union Station you can take the free 16th Street Mall Shuttle to California Street, just walk one block west to 16th street. The Hyatt is located on 15th Street and California, just another one block walk. You will not need a car to get around the city. If you elect to visit outside of Denver you may want to rent a car or use Uber. Uber rates from the airport are about $35+, and Taxi rates are $45+.
Office address: Colorado Thespians, 2001 Lincoln Street, Suite 1611, Denver, CO 80202-3868
Phone: 303-322-9387 Dr. Jay Seller, CFO/Operations Coordinator, Email: email@example.com
Non-profit 501-3c Organization, FEIN# 56-2393274 Please see our About page.