University Representatives, Vendors, and Presenters
UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVES AND VENDOR REGISTRATION
- Price is $250 per organization and includes a display table and access for two representatives from your company or organization. Additional representatives are $50 each. Make sure to select Vendor and Adjudicator.
- Student Registration closes November 10. As a university rep or vendor, you can register after that date, but please remember, the placement of the tables in the Vendor and University lobby will be assigned in the order of registration.
The following are the steps for the registration process.
- Please click on the “Universities/Vendors” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- If you’ve previously registered, please enter your email and password to access your account. If you are unaware of your account or cannot remember your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a new vendor or college rep, and have not attended ThesCon in the past, please begin the registration process. You will be sent a confirmation link once you complete the registration steps. If you do not see this confirmation link, please check your junk/spam folder.
- The first screen you come to will request which roles you or members of your organization desire to perform at the conference. Available conference roles include:
- Students submit self taped auditions (both in performance categories and tech)
- The college or university rep registering your institution will receive access to the auditions after the submission window closes on November 18. That representative can share the video link and login information with as many reps of your academic institution as desired.
- Colleges and Universities decide what students they’d like to call back.
- Callbacks can happen at your table in the Vender/University lobby or in a private callback room open at the conference on Friday only.
- College or University reps should contact those students they wish to callback via the cell phone or email address each auditioner provided on their profile. Colorado Thespians is not responsible for communicating callbacks to individuals. We strongly recommend you contact those students you’re interested in speaking to or re-auditioning prior to the first day of the conference.
Vendor/Exhibitor – Selling a product or demonstrating a product at ThesCon. This slot is offered to businesses, for profit and non-profit, summer camps, retail vendors, or anyone offering a service to our attendees. This is not a selection for Colleges, Universities, or Conservatories.
- Fill in the profile of the main contact for your organization. This person should be attending Thescon. The more information you provide, the richer your bio appears on the web site.
- Save your work.
- After you save your main profile you will be brought to the registration page. At the top of the page you will see: Register and Past Editions.
- Under the Register tab you will add other staff members attending with you. Everyone entering the convention center must be registered. Please do not tell others to attend without adding them to your account, they will not be admitted due to security, and insurances liabilities.
Colorado Thespians is pleased to offer exclusive sponsorship opportunities to interested businesses, organizations, or academic institutions. Ranging from $5,000 for exclusive signage and broadcast at our mainstage events to $200 for a digital ad in our program, sponsors help support the endeavors of Colorado Thespians and receive valuable air time with conference attendees. Please review all sponsorship opportunities available at the conference.
VENDOR AND EXHIBITOR TABLES
Every organization that registers will receive one table and two chairs in the main concourse of the Colorado Convention Center. Tables are assigned by Vendor Coordinator on a first come, first served basis. If you’d like a spotlight location in our University and Vendor Lobby, review these sponsorship opportunities available at the conference.
Additional Tables: Additional tables are charged through the Convention Center for an additional fee.
Set Up: Colorado Thespians recommends set-up for your table can take place Thursday morning between 8-11 a.m. for middle school educators to take advantage of your services during the afternoon of their event (Thursday). Please check in at room 101 before you begin loading your materials.
Due to contractual obligations with the Convention Center, most materials must be brought in through the main doors, Lobby A, and carried through to Lobby B. Doors are not allowed to be propped open for this load in/out process.
No sticky materials (tape or otherwise) are allowed on Convention Center walls. Please make sure signage for your organization is self standing. Fines will be assessed for property damage associated with your vendor table.
Electricity: The Colorado Convention Center does charge for electricity, and they bill each organization directly. They do not provide those charges to Colorado Thespians. A request for power and a subsequent bill from the CCC will be present on your table daily if your organization wishes to utilize this utility.
Security: Although security is provided, it is not advisable to leave expensive valuables in plain sight when the booth is unattended. Colorado Thespians and the Colorado Convention Center are not responsible for any lost or stolen materials and property.
Round 1: Auditions and Tech Presentations
Beginning 2021, performance and technical theatre auditions will be submitted digitally. Shortly after the submission deadline of November 18, the primary rep for the academic institution will receive an email from email@example.com with login information and a URL link with student information, photo, resume, and an uploaded video audition or tech presentation.
The link will be kept live for your reference through the month of December.
Round 2: Callbacks
Callbacks can be determined by each individual institution. You may call back individuals in person at your table in the University and Vendor Lobby at the event, or you may call back students to the callback room Friday only. The callback room is a quieter space in the convention center where schools can speak more privately with students or ask them to present another piece. Every college, university or conservatory who registers for ThesCon is entitled to a table in the callback room AND in the University and Vendor lobby.
Please communicate your callback expectation to students when you contact them for the callback so they can be prepared.
Callback students in one of two ways: send a text to the cell number they provided in their student profile, and/or send an email to the address they provided in their student profile.
Please note: students want to talk to schools, so if you cannot join us in person, please find unique ways to connect personally with those individuals you’re interested in having on your campus.
Please visit our list of hotel properties in Denver that are extending a special rate for Thescon. Hyatt Regency is our host hotel, with floors dedicated for adults. Use the link provided to secure your rooms for the Hyatt if you’re reserving three rooms or less (the fastest way to secure your room). Please note: Hyatt corporate policy is that individuals can only book three rooms at a time, so repeating the process through the link may have to be repeated depending on the number of rooms you require. The Hyatt is our most convenient property, and is located directly across the street from the conference venue. The Hyatt is a cash free property.
Transportation from the Airport to Hyatt Regency
Denver now has the A Line train from the airport to Union Station for $10.50. It is a 30 minute ride from DIA to Union Station in Downtown Denver. You catch the A train at the Transit Center, below the Westin hotel on the south end of the terminal. Once you arrive in Union Station, board the free 16th Street Mall Shuttle to California Street, walk one block west to 15th street. The Hyatt is located on 15th Street and California. You will not need a car to get around the city.
Uber rates from the airport are about $35+, and Taxi rates are $45+.
Interested in presenting a workshop?
Presenters are always welcome to email Caroline Kerswill, Workshop Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office address: Colorado Thespians, 7310 W 52nd Ave, #A-405, Arvada, CO 80002
Phone: (720) 885-3474