Main Stage Screenings
ThesCon Main Stage Performances
Except in years of All State productions, Colorado Thespians selects 2 schools each year to bring their high school production on the main stage in the Bellco Theatre. The Main Stage Committee seeks exciting performances that show dedication to furthering the theater community. If you feel like your school has a production that would be enjoyed by the 5,000+ attendees, consider bringing your show to the Colorado State Thespian Conference! Our selection process considers:
- Artistic value and execution (rubric)
- Thematic/genre balance to the conference against other submissions
- Potential for success and clarity of story in a much larger venue (5,000+ seats)
- Content of the submission being accessible and inclusive for Thespians representing every community in Colorado
In order to be considered, the following pieces must be submitted:
- Accurate and complete information on the Submission Form
- Video Submission Link* of the first 30 minutes submitted to CO Thespians
- Photo/document of the set and/or ground plan (Example)
- Mic plot or audio document (Example)(Template)
- Light plot (Example) and Instrument Schedule (Template)
All shows interested in being screened must complete the submission form with info about their show and submit the accompanying fee by OCTOBER 20th!
Once submitted, shows will be screened between September 1st through the first weekend in November. Screenings can be performances or dress rehearsals. Please schedule early as it takes us time to arrange a screener.
Colorado Thespians has a leveled fee schedule depending on services requested. We will provide qualified educational theatre screeners to view any of your productions during the year and aim to provide quality feedback and educational support for theatre programs who apply for a screening.
- $200 Main stage fee. If you desire your show to be screened for the main stage at conference.
- $225 Feedback screening. If you desire your show to be screened only for educational feedback by qualified screeners.
- $250 Non-Thespian screening fee. If you do not have an established troupe with the International Thespian Society.
Main Stage rules and process for the International Thespian Festival can be found at schooltheatre.org
- Schools who are selected will be notified via phone call.
- A follow up information packet will be sent.
- The Thespian Production Manager will schedule a production meeting with your team.
BELLCO GENERAL INFORMATION
The Colorado Convention Center is a multi-purpose convention center located in downtown Denver, which has an adjustable proscenium theater known as the Bellco Theatre. The Bellco theater has a seating capacity of 5,200 seats, and the average audience size for Colorado Thespians is approximately 4,000+.
- Backstage to House access is limited
Adjustable Proscenium Opening: Maximum Opening 100’
Stage depth of 48’-10”
Height of Stage Floor to bottom of Teaser 25’
Additional apron thrust
- 2 Loading Docks which support a full semi trailer
- 1 Green Room
- 4 Large Dressing Rooms
BELLCO TECHNICAL INFORMATION
While the Bellco Theatre is very large, the production team is prepared to help transition your show into the space. Below are some details on size and availability of the space. Ground plan of the Bellco can be found here.
- 4 Sets of Legs -Adjustable
- 4 Sets of Boarders – Adjustable
- 1 Mid-stage Traveler- Adjustable
- Front Teaser & Grand Curtain -Motorized
- Bellco lighting rep plot
- 1 ETC Ion lighting console.
- Software version…
- 2 Universes
- 1 Yamaha (version) audio console
- 30 Wireless mics with lavs
- 7 Clear Com Head Sets & Belt Backs ( DSL, DSR, USL, USR, 3 in FOH Control Booth)
- 1 Thespian Production Manager
- 1 Thespian Technical Director
THESPIAN PRODUCTION MANAGER & TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
All main stage events are run by our Production Manager, Megan Euler, and Technical Director, Skylar Ely. They will work closely with you to transfer your school’s production to the Bellco stage. Any and all questions regarding the Bellco Theatre and/or the convention center must go through Mrs. Euler or Mr. Ely. Direct communication with the Bellco is strictly prohibited.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions